🐙 Git is a distributed version control system that may be the single most important contribution to the technical community. Understanding this tool could be the most impactful thing you could do in your entire career.
⁉️What is Tracks?
Tracks is a 4 part excursion into Version/Source Control with Git. By the end of the excursion you can expect to have learned the following:
- A solid understanding of version control, and the role it plays in software development
- Familiarity with common Git repositories
- A strong understanding of using and managing GitHub
- How to manage and use Git from the command line
- An understanding of Git processes and workflows
💵 How much is Tracks?
All Journeys and Excursions on MASTERMND Academy are COMPLETELY FREE!!! You've literally got nothing to lose 🤪.
⌚ When is Tracks?
The next excursion will be:
Mondays and Wednesdays Starting August 24 and ending September 2. Use the calendar below to see all dates.
🗺️ Where is Tracks?
Tracks will take place on the MASTERMND Twitch channel!
To get the most out of this excursion, it is recommended you have the following:
- A basic introduction to the command line.
😨 Don't Feel Ready?
No Problem! Here are links to a few resources to get you up to speed!
Intro to the Command Linux
This video can help you get up to speed with the Linux Command Line Interface(CLI)
- What is git
- Installing git
- Understanding git terminology
- Introduction to Github
- Creating our first repo
- Basic Git workflow
- Branching and Tagging
- SSH vs HTTPS
- SSH keys and key management
- Comparing Differences
- Fetching and Pulling
- Pull Requests
- Contributing to open-source
- Revert, Reset, Rebase!
- Conflict Resolution
- Git Strategy and Branching Model Practice
- Doing it Together! Git MADNESS