Why Should We Teach It?
Docker is a container technology that has taken the tech industry by storm. It has been adopted by many in the industry and is going to be a staple in developing and serving software for years to come.
- Basic to Intermediate Linux/Unix command line concepts
- BASH Scripting basics
- Basic Linux Networking Concepts
- Linux package management (apt-get/yum/installing from source)
What Will They Learn?
- What are Containers + Other Container Technologies
- What is Docker and why is it so popular
- What problems Docker/Containers solve
- How Docker works and what you can do with it
- Dockerfiles and how to write them
- Container/Image Management
- Docker best practices
- How to dockerize an existing application
Contained! Docker Deep Dive