This course is designed to help those with foundational level software engineering and computer science skills learn to apply them practically as well as how you can combine these foundational skills to solve real world problems.
To get the most out of this journey, it is recommended you have the following:
- A solid understanding of programming fundamentals such as variables, loops, functions etc.
- A beginner to intermediate knowledge of a CLI
- General understanding of how to approach solving problems using code
- Familiarity with how to use a text editor/IDE, preferably one that has support for many different languages. Any one will do, but I recommend Visual Studio Code.
😨 Don't Feel Ready?
No Problem! Here are links to a few resources to get you up to speed!
deCoded Apprentice Level
Here is a 24 part introduction to software engineering and computer science.
Each week we will focus in on understanding and building with new concepts!
- Syllabus Day
- Development Environment Setup
- Runtime Installation
- Building CLI tools
- Building Applications for the Web
- All about API's
- Data Structures
- Searching Algorithms
- Sorting Algorithms
- Understanding Databases
- Object-Relational Mapping(ORM)
- Concurrent Programming
- How to talk about what we know?
- Interview Prep
- Software Engineering Ask Me Anything Panel